Saturday, January 16, 2010

Discovered NFL Entertainment Director


This ladies and gentlemen is apparently the man that picks the halftime entertainment at the Superbowl.


I don't believe I have been happy about any of the choices since Prince. Seriously, is The Who the best we can do??? I am tired of all these old farts trying to entertain at halftime. Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones and now the The Who.


Why can't we get the entertainers at least from this decade? What about Beyonce? Pink? The Black Eyed Peas? At this point I would even welcome an all Idol winners halftime...yes even Taylor Hicks.


NFL...please put someone else in charge of this! If not I will have to start shutting down the TV at halftime and sing songs from the "Glee" soundtrack for my guests.

4 comments:

"McSpazz" said...

Finally a voice of reason. I don't mind letting retirees have jobs like Wal-Mart greeters, but these old-foggies just aren't entertaining any longer. Really, who is going to be next Hall & Oates, Rock Band Beatles or maybe even the Jackson 4.

I know the last time they had a relative act to the actual era they had "BOOB-Gate", but come on it was just a titty. Is America really that uptight about seeing a boob for a few seconds. We all know what they are, yes even the young children.

I'm with Channin and beg the NFL for something I can dance to and not something that Dick Clark could have been introducing.

Anonymous said...

Since you don't seem to know and thought it necessary to insult, Hicks is one of the best live performers around today. I think a Taylor Hicks and friends show would be great.

Grumpy said...

The Who are ten times better than anyone you mentioned. Next up: Bob Seger and then Bob Dylan.

Unknown said...

Please no Grumpy...enough already. Um, do you know to translate the book of a comment the Chinese person left before you???